Resume and Curriculum Vitae of Jeremy D. Frens
If you need to know more about me, you might like to check out these documents:
Papers Written by Jeremy D. Frens
Papers at Refereed Conferences
- 15 Compilers in 15 Days. Proc. 2006 ACM Symp. on Computer Science Education (2006 March), 92--95. With A.~Meneely.
- Taming the tiger: teaching the next version of Java. Proc. 2004 ACM Symp. on Computer Science Education (2004 March), 151--155.
- Factorization with Morton-ordered quadtree matrices for memory re-use and parallelism. Proc. 2003 ACM Symp. on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming (2003 June), 144--154. With D.S. Wise.
- Object centered design for Java: teaching OOD in CS-1. Proc. 2003 ACM Symp. on Computer Science Education (2003 February), 273--277. With J. Adams.
- Language support for Morton-order matrices. Proc. 2001 ACM Symp. on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, SIGPLAN Not. 36, 7 (2001 July), 24--33. With D.S. Wise, Y. Gu, and G.A. Alexander.
- Auto-blocking matrix-multiplication, or Tracking BLAS3 performance from source code. Proc. 1997 ACM Symp. on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Notices 32, 7, (July 1997) 206-216. With D.S.~Wise.
Dissertation and Technical Reports
- Matrix Factorization Using a Block-Recursive Structure and Block-Recursive Algorithms. Ph.D. Dissertation (2002). Available as Technical Report 568, Computer Science Department, Indiana University.
- Morton-order Matrices Deserve Compilers' Support. Technical Report 533, Computer Science Department, Indiana University (November 1999). With D.S.~Wise.
- Matrix inversion using quadtrees implemented in Gofer. Technical Report 433, Computer Science Department, Indiana University (May 1995). With D.S.~Wise.
- Agile Development of Interpreters, a lab manual for a programming language course using incremental, test-driven development. In progress.
- Hands on Testing Java, a lab manual for a first-semester programming course using Java and JUnit. In progress.
- Hands on C++ (2003), 3e. Prentice Hall. With J. Adams.
Talks Presented by Jeremy D. Frens
- "Ruby and Rails". Presented at monthly meeting of local AITP chapter in February 2008.
- "Continuations in Ruby". Presented at monthly meeting of Grand Rapids Ruby User Group, December 2007.
- "15 Compilers in 15 Days", for paper by the same name (listed below). Presented at SIGCSE 2006 with Andy Meneely.